Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The People of Central Phoenix Walmart

You know you’re in a Phoenix Walmart, when you hear a little girl screaming no quiero, no quiero, NO QUIERO! Over and over again while anticipating her flu shot. You know you’re in a Phoenix Walmart when the line goes super slow because every single person pays in cash and coin because the majority of the population can’t open a bank account. You know you’re in a Phoenix Walmart, when you’re trying to read the magazines while waiting in line and you can’t find an English copy. I’m just saying…

Alright, I had a good laugh writing this, but this place is starting to grow on me. I kinda like my neighborhood, which is a drastic improvement from when I moved here.

Dustin is officially a published writer. He wrote an article for a Windows Administrators site, and the editor loved it and it appeared here. I’m sure everyone is dying to read it. My hubby is a smart man!

2 comments:

Speech Mama said...

So so true when you shop at any Phoenix Walmart. I used to shop at one in Maryvale (west Phoenix) and it was very much the same!! I miss it though. Now I shop at a ghetto St. Louis one and its growing on me too. Sometimes I am the only white person in there.

Miss lil Char-can't believe she will be one this month!

-Natalie

Anonymous said...

Okay...so I see your blog address from time to time in my stat counter and wanted to pop over and say hi. :)

I feel the same way about our Walmart here. My husband will drive 20 minutes away to a different Walmart before he will go to the one 2 minutes from our house.