Monday, April 12, 2010

That's some kind of thick soup

I can't believe I'm blogging for a second time today. This is a record. Clearly I have no job and I get a little bored from time to time. I couldn't resist posting this. I had to get to school tonight and was a little pressed for time. So, for dinner we had my last minute go to meal...Grilled turkey and cheese with tomato soup. Yum! I was making the sandwiches and asked Dustin if he could make the soup. I just figured since all you do is add a can of water he could handle it. After about five minutes he says "This sure doesn't make a lot of soup." I came over and looked in the pot and it looked like a tomato paste. I asked how much water he put in and he answers "you put water in this?" I couldn't help but laugh. I had to assure him that water was needed and that it goes in all condensed soups. This is his reply (it was classic) "No, I make chicken noodle soup all the time and you don't have to add any water to it." I almost fell over. He then had to go read the label on the can because he didn't believe me. His closing remark sounded something like this..."I always wondered why my soup was so chicken noodley." Dustin, I love you for moments like this. You make me smile and you make me laugh like nobody else can.

No comments: