Saturday, April 10, 2010

Yummy Dipping Sauce


Let me preface by saying that this is the ugliest picture and doesn't do anything justice. I took in as an afterthought. Anyways, I was making a loaf of french bread tonight and when it was done I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. I decided to try a olive oil dipping sauce for it. Oh my goodness! I am in love, and I thought that it would be a sin to not share this recipe. You could dip any crusty bread in this sauce. It's suppose to taste like Carraba's dipping sauce, not sure if it does, but it is goooood.

1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 tsp. ground black pepper
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. dried rosemary
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. parsley flakes
1 tsp. granulated garlic
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil

-Combine all ingredients, except oil, on a shallow bowl or plate.
-Pour olive oil over. (I used a really good EVOO)

I think next time I will roast my garlic in the oven. There is nothing better then roasted garlic.

Enjoy :)