Friday, September 10, 2010

Never Say Never

I have officially betrayed my generation. I grew up in the world of baggy pants. The bigger the better was our motto. JNCO's were to be admired and coveted. Super baggy fit was the order of the day. I remember being in ninth grade and going to Express to buy pants that were three sizes bigger then I was. This was cool. Then I left high school and assumed that the styles and trends of my day would stay the same forever. I assume that everyone does this and that's why many people still have giant wind proof bangs from the nineties, mullets from the eighties, Farrah Fawcetts iconic style of the seventies. This is what was cool when they left school, and somehow it just sticks. Well, I am proud to say that I still have sweaters from high school in my closet and earrings from junior high. They are gold peace signs. Ok, I probably won't be wearing those earring anytime in say the next ninety years, but you get the picture. Fast forward 9 years and here I sit in my skinny jeans. The jeans that I couldn't understand for so long. The jeans that I made fun of on countless individuals and vowed I would never wear. I have an confession to make to you Internet, I really like them. Every fiber of my being knows that what I am saying is sacrilege, but here I sit rockin the skinny jean and enjoying every second of it. Never say never.

On a lighter note, I'm teaching Relief Society this Sunday. Send good vibes my way...

1 comment:

Stephanie Salmon said...

Noooooo! Don't give in to the skinny jeans. (As you can tell, I am still in the vowing to never wear them stage.) I remember vowing to never wear a 3/4 sleeve shirt. Ha ha. Now I love them. Thankfully though, I'm quite sure I don't hvae the body to wear skinny jeans so even if I decide I like them one day, I will probably never wear them.

Good luck teaching Relief Society. We're speaking in Church. I'd much rather trade places with you. I LOVE teaching, not so much speaking in Sacrament Meeting.