Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dancing in the rain.

Yesterday it rained. I don't even remember the last time it rained here, and it's spring. I took Charlotte out to have a look. I don't think she knows what rain is. She was so excited that water was falling from the sky. What is it like to experience things for the first time? Everything must be so wonderful. I let her stand in it for a minute, then told her to come in. She politely declined. So here she is after several minutes of swirling around in the rain, in her jammies no less. It was so fun to watch. Then it was time for a warm bubble bath.


We are on hiatus from school for three more weeks! It's been so nice to work on other projects and get things done around the house.

p.s. I'm baking some bread today, a new recipe. If it's half as good as it smells I'll share the recipe it next time :)

2 comments:

Joann Mannix said...

Hey Sara,

Thanks for saying hello on my blog and thanks for reading!

That little girl is spun sugar gorgeousness! And how I love the name Charlotte. Enjoy every minute of her loveliness.

When my girls were small, it always struck me, the awe in the first times of everything. I so distinctly remember watching a thunderstorm with my oldest when she was small. This mighty thing that came out of the sky, I had never really thought much about it. But there in her face, I realized was the miracle of just the simplest things.

I hope your bread was delicious.

Speech Mama said...

Hi Sara,

How fun to watch Charlotte play in the rain. I love to watch my girls discover new things. Hope your bread was yummy!

-Natalie