Sunday, May 8, 2011

My First Born...err...My Only Born


Charlotte gave me the best present a child can give this Mother's Day. A long nap. She slept the afternoon away, which she never does. It was delightful. Dustin and I laid in bed and watched the Laker's get swept, another nicety that doesn't happen everyday. My favorite thing about this day would have to be the candy bar all us women get in Sacrament meeting. That should really be an every week thing. Dustin made me an artichoke for dinner, hmm.....The jury is still out on artichokes. I love the hearts, but what about the rest? It's weird to eat the flesh off the leaves, I'm just saying. Now it's time for cookies with my two favorite people. It's good to be a mom. It's good to have a mom. Life is good.

2 comments:

Speech Mama said...

Long naps especially on Mother's Day are the best gift!. Charlotte is growing up to fast and is such a beautiful girl!

-Natalie

Speech Mama said...

It was great seeing you again! Charlotte has grown up so much and is one cute girl. Hope to see you guys again soon.

-Natalie